Seth Lazar’s Sparing Civilians (Law and Philosophy)
The symposium appears in Law and Philosophy (2018), guest edited by Helen Frowe. The issue is open access. The papers for were originally presented at a joint workshop on Sparing Civilians and Helen Frowe’s Defensive Killing, hosted by the Carnegie Council for Ethics and International Affairs in New York in September 2015, and co-sponsored by the Society for Applied Philosophy, Australian National University and the Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation.
- Helen Frowe, Introduction
- Yitzhak Benbaji, The Lesser Evil Dilemma for Sparing Civilians
- Chesney Ryan, The Hard Hand of War
- Victor Tadros, The Moral Distinction Between Combatants and Noncombatants: Vulnerable and Defenceless
- Alec Walen, Eliminative Killing and the Targeting of Noncombatants Comments on Seth Lazar’s Sparing Civilians
- Seth Lazar, Strengthening Moral Distinction